London is the most popular study destination in the world. The city offers a huge variety of attractions, entertainment and learning resources for students.
London’s many cultural highlights make the city the perfect location in which to learn English:
- Rich architectural heritage
- New iconic buildings
- Some of the world’s finest museums
- Free events and festivals almost every day
And the good news is entrance to many of the 300 museums and galleries is free.
In our student friendly capital there are also many dedicated activities and attractions for younger learners, offering tours and worksheets for children:
- Explore centuries of history and culture at the Natural History Museum, Museum of London, and Museum of Childhood
- Admire scientific achievements at the Science Museum
- Get up close to the animals at London Wetland Centre, London Aquarium, London Zoo, and city farms
- Jump on the rides at amusement parks
- Visit specialist children’s theatres like The Polka Theatre and Puppet Theatre Barge
London is also known as one of the shopping capitals of the world:
- Famous department stores
- Unique street markets
- Unusual boutiques
London offers something for everyone.
Entertainment & Night Life
Evening entertainment goes well into the night, and there’s plenty to choose from:
- London’s West End
- Blockbuster musicals
- Theatre, opera and ballet
- Live music in venues large and small
- World-Famous clubs where you can dance until dawn to top DJs
With over 1,800 parks, commons and open spaces, London could be described as one of the greenest cities in the world. London’s parks provide the ideal place to get away from the bustle of the city.
Transport in London
Getting around London might be even easier than you think. Use this map to see how quick and easy it can be to ditch the underground and walk.
Find more London events and attractions on the Visit London website.